Dependency Drug Court (DDC)
DDC brings together the Tehama County Superior Court, Child Welfare Services, and Tehama County Health Services Agency, Drug and Alcohol Division in an effort to assist families affected by drug and alcohol abuse to address both the substance abuse and child welfare issues present.
This is accomplished by:
- Prompt assessment and placement in treatment services
- A full continuum of alcohol and drug treatment services
- Intensive recovery management
- Drug Court hearings at frequent and regular intervals to monitor compliance and ensure accountability for all parents with alcohol and drug problems
- More frequent drug court hearings for parents who are in need of additional support and monitoring in order to succeed
- Timely use of incentives and progressive sanctions.
For more information on the Dependency Drug Court model, visit the California Courts website.